Tuesday, January 18, 2011

 Dear journal,

     It started as a feud between the Capulets and the Montagues, then a quarrel in the streets of Verona, and now murders. I could see the trouble coming as soon as I recognized that  the first quarrel was difficult to stop. Now Tybalt is dead, as is Mercutio. Lady Capulet wants me to side with her, and punish Romeo to death for killing Tybalt, like an eye for an eye. What do I do regarding Tybalt killing Mercutio, Romeo's dear friend? Isn't that what caused Romeo's anger and killing of Tybalt? Since the Capulets had the power in this one, I decided to be merciful to Romeo and banish him from the city, instead of death. Sources tell me that he had tried to stop the fight, before it had gotten out of hand. His reward will be to live. I have sent the word around that if he ever sets foot in Verona, he will be killed within that hour. He probably escaped to Manuta the next day or at least that would be the smart thing to do if he wants to live. The families will be feuding more than ever now, and a criminal in Verona is the last thing I need right now. There is always a problem of some concern in Vernona, or some problem between  the Capulets and Montagues, but never this catastrophic. My guards will help, but some feuding is secret, even from me.

                                                              Signed,
                                                                                           Prince Escalus


1 comment:

  1. Good post, Emily. I think the thoughts that you apply to Prince Escalus seem very appropriate and accurate. I would like to see you organize the entry into logical paragraphs, though. Overall, great blogging!

    ReplyDelete